Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No iPads Allowed At Yankee Stadium

If you're a Yankees fan and you own a brand new iPad, your two great loves can never meet. Because though Apple and many who own describe the iPad as nothing short of 'revolutionary,' the stadium doesn't feel the same way.

The Yankees aren't buying into the iPad revolution; the stadium thinks of it as just another laptop. If you've been to Yankee Stadium, you probably know that laptops aren't allowed. This is because they apparently fall under the existing security policy that says laptop computers are prohibited.
IGN reader Brianna Wu recently smuggled hers into the stadium but only after being turned away by a member of security:
I'm at the game right now, watching them play the Red Sox. The security people told me it was not allowed and I was turned away at the gates.

Why on earth would they have this policy? Terrorism concerns? I couldn't get an answer. I snuck it in under my jacket.. I bring it to Fenway all the time and they don't care.

Scary.

Bri
Yes, Bri, it's very scary indeed. I nearly had to shut my eyes towards the end.
Some other things prohibited by the security policy:
  • Any soft-sided bag larger than 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches, including diaper bags, backpacks and purses
  • Briefcases, coolers and hard-sided bags and containers
  • Glass, cans and plastic bottles
  • Laser pens
  • Video cameras
  • Laptop computers
  • Firearms or knives
  • Beach balls, blow horns and all other distracting noisemakers
  • Any other devices that may interfere with and/or distract any sports participant, other patron, audio or audio/visual telecast or recording of the game or any technology-related service provided in Yankee Stadium

No comments: